Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  E.Fork Carson Flows 

Forums -> Flows -> E.Fork Carson Flows Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: E. Fk Carson - Near MarkleevilleLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
MikeV
Posted: May 20, 2014Post Subject: E.Fork Carson Flows
A comment on the Flows page for the East Fork Carson says, "Falling 5 cfs/hr." Not sure it's all that trackable and I doubt it's that linear...but does anyone highly familiar with this fork have any guesses as to what kind of flow we can expect one week into June this year? It's a strange year, which is why I ask. How quickly does the East fork tend to drop once there's no additional precip in the picture?

Also I think I paddled it as low as 300 in a hardshell kayak some years back, but I didn't write it down. It was boney but doable. Does that 300 number sound like fiction, or believable? Can it be done lower still?

Tnx for any thoughts.
vette60
Posted: May 20, 2014Post Subject: flows
I have rafted it in my 14' with wife and 3 kids at 500 cfs. I would not do it again, just too boney. I would however do it in a kayak and at 400. 300 may be a bit low bu should be doable although you may have to get out occasionally...

and you probably wont have much water in june unfortunately.
Edited once.  Last edited by vette60 May 20, 2014.
MikeV
Posted: Jun 3, 2014Post Subject: E.Fork Carson Flows
Anyone been on the East Fork Carson this week? In what? How was it? In late afternoon it appears to be dipping below 300 cfs. Can a hard shell kayak still get down the thing?

With somebody in the boat I mean.
mmajersky
Posted: Jun 8, 2014Post Subject: too low
I wouldn't bother. You'd just be in for a long, moist hike whilst carrying your boat. Better off waitin till next year, or for some ridiculously significant rain event
MikeV
Posted: Jun 9, 2014Post Subject: Re: too low

Thanks for the thoughts...actually I went ahead and scouted it pretty thoroughly.
Forums -> Flows -> E.Fork Carson Flows Page 1 of 1