Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  El Dorado County proposes to remove access at the river! 

Forums -> Access Issues -> El Dorado County proposes to remove access at the river! Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: - Next TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
theresaAW1
Posted: Aug 4, 2016Post Subject: El Dorado County proposes to remove access at the river!
El Dorado County Transportation Division has finally issued a feasibility study regarding public access at Mosquito Road Bridge in accordance with CA State Highway code. Unfortunately, the County DOT is proposing to remove access at the river once construction for a new Mosquito Road Bridge is started on the South Fork American River. Effectively, through the use of distance and no parking signs the county will end public access to a navigable river. They justify these actions by citing that El Dorado County never authorized public river access at Mosquito Road Bridge.

If you have interest in using Mosquito Road Bridge as a take-out for Slab Creek please take the time to read this AW Alert, file your comments and if you can come to the El Dorado County Transportation Division presentation on their feasibility study to the County Board of Supervisors on August 16. (Typical with how the county operates we will not have a time until one week before the meeting date - so I will post that as soon as I can) The feasibility document is available for download on the right of the AW Alert.

Mosquito Road Bridge Action Alert
Forums -> Access Issues -> El Dorado County proposes to remove access at the river! Page 1 of 1