Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Forest Service Closes N. Umpqua for Fire-caused Hazards Oct 2017 

Forums -> Access Issues -> Forest Service Closes N. Umpqua for Fire-caused Hazards Oct 2017 Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Umpqua - Above Copeland CreekLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
jimbo
Posted: Oct 27, 2017Post Subject: Forest Service Closes N. Umpqua for Fire-caused Hazards Oct 2017
Oct 2017: The Forest Service has closed 23 miles of the Upper N. Umpqua River to boating because of potential hazards caused by this summer's wildfires in the canyon. They are worried about burned trees falling into the river and creating strainers.

Here is a link the Statesman Journal newspaper article about it.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2017/10/25/north-umpqua-river-rafting-kayaking-umpqua-north-complex-trail/799862001/

If the link doesn't work, try a Google search for N Umpqua River Closure or search the Statesman Journal website. The reporter is Zach Urness.

Jim
jimbo
Posted: Jun 3, 2018
I just learned that last December the Forest Service re-opened the N. Umpqua River to boaters from Soda Springs Dam (above Boulder Flat put-in) to Horseshoe Bend.

I couldn't find any news about it being open below Horseshoe Bend to the Gravel Bin take-out so a call to the N. Umpqua Ranger Station (541-496-3532) might be a good idea if you want to run that section.

Jim
Forums -> Access Issues -> Forest Service Closes N. Umpqua for Fire-caused Hazards Oct 2017 Page 1 of 1