Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Middle Piru gauge seems to be off by about 650 cfs too much 

Forums -> Archive -> Middle Piru gauge seems to be off by about 650 cfs too much Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Piru Creek - Above Lake PiruLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
jtbooth
Posted: Jan 13, 2008Post Subject: Middle Piru gauge seems to be off by about 650 cfs too much
Just tried to run Middle Piru on Sat, 1/12/08. Flow read about 725 cfs on the online USGS gauge. But there was only about 25 cfs at the putin, and we didn't see any side creeks putting any flow in. We paddled/scraped down about 2 miles before giving up and hiking back out. My guess is that the rains brought down a ton of silt from the fire-burned areas and caused a big offset on the guage somehow.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for reporting. The gauge appears to be behaving itself again now. I've snipped the worst of the erroneous data from the Dreamflows database (so the graphs will better reflect reality).
Forums -> Archive -> Middle Piru gauge seems to be off by about 650 cfs too much Page 1 of 1