Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  a woody san lo 

Forums -> Hazards -> a woody san lo Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: San Lorenzo - At FeltonLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
brendan
Posted: Dec 26, 2008Post Subject: a woody san lo
christmas day 08 - 300 CFS

lot of wood on the san lo today. keep those eyes open. both of the class IVs have bad wood:

the long rapid has a large log/stump just below the lip on the main line just below of the hole at the bottom right partial sneak and farther right full sneak both went.

the waterfall has a thin tree blocking the entrance to the main line. give her a scout for sure.
dwnrivr
Posted: Feb 20, 2009Post Subject: San Lo 2/20/09
san lo today at 150 still lots of fun!
santacruz
Posted: Feb 26, 2009Post Subject: Run
I ran the river on Tuesday (February 24th, 2009.) I ran the upper portion from Ben Lomond to the covered bridge. There was a tree across the river somewhere around the Glenn Arbor bridge, with only about a 4 foot wide gap to squeeze through on the right side. Flows were around 500 cfs.
santacruz
Posted: Mar 1, 2009Post Subject: san lo
I ran the portion from Felton covered bridge to santa cruz. There was a strainer before the inflatable dam across the whole river where it narrowed. Only a gap on the left side. I was with a friend in a 2 person kayak and our kayak flipped and we started getting pulled under, strong pull. We finally got the boat around though. We didn't see much wood on the river though, but there was a downed tree near paradise across almost the whole river.
Forums -> Hazards -> a woody san lo Page 1 of 1