Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Is Fordyce really running? 

Forums -> Archive -> Is Fordyce really running? Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Fordyce Creek - Below Fordyce DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
amtuscano
Posted: May 12, 2009Post Subject: Is Fordyce really running?
So is this for real? It'd be nice if we had a spring season this year? This isn't a continuation of the flow study is it?
Cornbread
Posted: May 12, 2009
I'm sure Chris will chime in but I imagine it is running since this is one of the PG&E gauges... albeit I would hardly think 284 cfs would be worth while considering the amount of effort it would take to get to the put in, how incredibly junky the run it at that flow, and how many other quality runs are flowing at good levels right now.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 12, 2009Post Subject: Re:
Cornbread wrote:
I'm sure Chris will chime in

Well, I feel compelled to chime in after that . But Brad's right, it is a PG&E gauge and the flows that it reports should be reliable.
Bret Preble
Posted: May 27, 2009
Hi. I'm new here. Bret Preble. I'm President of the Friends of Fordyce. We are a non-profit that does OHV related work on the Fordyce Trail. We also support multiuse of the trail and river. I've talked to PG&E and wanted to pass on some info to you here. This is the text from another posting so please excuse the repeats. I have placed it in quotes to show it is copied and pasted.

"I have some info from PG&E on the water release from Fordyce Lake. It is an estimate only.

The dates and the flows are not set in stone.

Factors are a lot of snow, later than usual and the need to empty the lake significantly for a construction project that will happen this year.

They are still spilling at a high rate because they have not yet reached the point where there are under control at either Fordyce or Lake Spaulding.

400 through mid June

125 until July 1st

250 to 350 until mid September. This is the one where they will need to play by ear. It all depends on getting the lake empty enough for their project. The flow will be reduced for Sierra Trek as usual.

Flow will be changed to 5 CFS in mid September and will most likely stay there until the end of the year."

I didn't see this information anywhere else but if this is repeated elsewhere please excuse the repost.

Bret Preble
President-Friends of Fordyce

Roundeye
Posted: Aug 5, 2009
Thanks Brett for the update! Do you have a number that we can call PGE to get the actual release there?
The number I have is very old and does not work any longer.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 5, 2009
PG&E-supplied realtime data is available here. Except that there's no flow data today since they're installing system updates, but it should be back online tomorrow. Let me know if you need something different.
zbd
Posted: Aug 14, 2009Post Subject: Fordyce Creek
There's a few of us coming down from Wa Aug.24-29, is there a schedule of planned water releases below Fordyce Dam for the referenced dates? And what the water flow will be?

Thank you in advance for any information that is shared
Ian Buckley
Posted: Aug 18, 2009
Afraid not, these releases were a one off event.There might be 200 in the river when you are here but thats not worth the effort. Hot tip be at Cherry Creek Aug 29th...trust me, you won't regret it.
Forums -> Archive -> Is Fordyce really running? Page 1 of 1