Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  N. Stan shuttle and camping 

Forums -> General -> N. Stan shuttle and camping Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Stanislaus - At AveryLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
tommyp
Posted: May 2, 2010Post Subject: N. Stan shuttle and camping
Once again this season, shuttle and camping are available for N.F. Stanislaus. Camping is on private land near the McKay's take out. Very nice set-up. Shuttle based out of same place. Land owner requires you share beer with him. Contact rocky@goldrush.com
Iluvflipjuice
Posted: May 14, 2010Post Subject: Camping and Shuttle
Great camping and shuttle service. Owners are
wonderful people and very nice camp. Small spring
fed pond, bathrooms, showers and outdoor kitchen.
Nice firepits. Disc golf course.... I wore my helmet
in camp and shared beer with the owners. Well worth
it.
agutten
Posted: May 21, 2010Post Subject: N. Stan Shuttle Service
I just used the N. Stan shuttle service (rocky@goldrush.com). I RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE HIGHLY. Rocky was extremely prompt and responsive, and very flexible and experienced with shuttle needs and options (raft and kayak). We elected for a one car shuttle, and he met us at Avery post office on time, drove us to to putin, and left our one car at the takeout (4 kayakers). We were able to put in at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours earlier than we otherwise could have, and saved the gas and time on running shuttle at the end of the day. I saw Rocky's place (looks like spectacular camping, immed. over the hill from the takout road), met his (grown) kids, and they are GREAT. Why drive 2 cars and pay for the gas, when you can drive up in one car and save time and money? EXTREMELY reliable, and well worth the price. If you want to run laps, camp overnight at Rocky's and simply be driven to the put in in the morning. AWESOME! Alan G
wasiel
Posted: Oct 18, 2010Post Subject: NF Stanislaus Shuttle
This past weekend (10/17-10/18) I ran the NF Stanislaus from the Sourgrass Campground to McKay's point. I used the services of Irie Shuttles both days. Using Irie Shuttles allowed us to leave one car at home and saved a bunch of time doing the shuttle. Rocky and his drivers were prompt and courteous and I highly recommend using them for your NF Stanislaus shuttle needs. I know I will be using them again the next time I do this run! - Jeff