Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows 2011 

Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows 2011 Page 3 of 3
Goto Prev  1  2  3
Posted to area: CA - Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry CreekLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Oct 18, 2011
Hetch Hetchy Water and Power reports as follows:

"Hello Tuolumne River Folks,

Elevated fall flows continue in the high country as the early October snowfall continues to melt.  Downstream from the reservoirs, things have remained relatively quite, but there are some changes.

Flows on the Tuolumne are going to increase beginning today, Oct 18th.  Releases will be increased from Lake Eleanor to lower the reservoir for scheduled maintenance.  We will ramp up over the next 3 days, from ~150 cfs today, ~300 cfs on Wednesday (Oct 19th) and ~400 cfs on Thursday (Oct 20th).  Flows will remain elevated into November and recede as the lake elevation drops.  In addition, you should expect releases from Holm Powerhouse to resume by early next week.  So please be aware of fluctuating river flows throughout the day and high flows at Lumsden at times."
Thomas M
Posted: Oct 21, 2011Post Subject: Re:
chris wrote:
Releases will be increased from Lake Eleanor to lower the reservoir for scheduled maintenance.  We will ramp up over the next 3 days, from ~150 cfs today, ~300 cfs on Wednesday (Oct 19th) and ~400 cfs on Thursday (Oct 20th).  "

Hey Chris,
I see that right now flow above Holm is about 270 or so. Can you find out if the above prediction of 400 from Elanor has changed or got delayed? Thanks for the updates! I don't know what I'd do without dreamflows.
Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows 2011 Page 3 of 3
Goto Prev  1  2  3