Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Metal strainer on the NF American 

Forums -> Archive -> Metal strainer on the NF American Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. American - Inflow Lake ClementineLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Easy E
Posted: Dec 14, 2006Post Subject: Metal strainer on the NF American
Two small rapids after chamberlin (just past the big splat rock)there is a common swoop move river left. While hiking the river at low flow this summer I found there is a new big chunk of metal. I tried to move it but it was way too big and heavy. At over 1500 cfs it is under water. If it is lower than that, be aware it is a total scary strainer pin type nasty chunk... even at over 1500 if some one was to be swimming or throw down a kart wheel it might not be good. All that said, I usually opt for the boof in the middle, or the shoot on the right, however, is is an old school classic rout and people should be aware. If there are any question its ok to contact me at erikallen31@hotmail.com
Easy E
Posted: Feb 8, 2008Post Subject: Strainer removed
The metal strainer has been removed. At the put in there is a sighn that says Warning, it is refering to the stariner I wrote about last year "past the splat rock" but it is not there... I like to tell people there are still "hazards" though.
Edited once.  Last edited by Easy E Feb 8, 2008.
Forums -> Archive -> Metal strainer on the NF American Page 1 of 1