Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Stanislaus Orange Blossom Bridge gauge calibration 

Forums -> Flows -> Stanislaus Orange Blossom Bridge gauge calibration Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Stanislaus - At Orange Blossom BridgeLatest PostPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
keith
Posted: Feb 26, 2007Post Subject: Stanislaus Orange Blossom Bridge gauge calibration
I believe the calibration for the gauge at Orange Blossom Bridge is not correct. Basically all the water in that section of river comes from the spill from Goodwin Dam. The spill from Goodwin can be found here:
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?GDW

It is only updated on a daily basis and so the data is a day old on this site, but in general they do not vary the flow during the day. It also appears that the error for the Orange Blossom Bridge is not constant, so depending on the flow, the size of the error may change. Right now the Orange Blossom Bridge gauge is reporting 980 cfs and the spill is reported as 1200 cfs. I do not know if there are any diversions below Goodwin which could account for some of the difference. Also, you could get a surprise if you show up on the day they do change the flow, but at least the Orange Blossom Bridge will show a change, so you could guess from that gauge what the real flow might be.
drawd
Posted: Apr 16, 2007Post Subject: Diversion dam
Hi, Keith, the water that is lost is being diverted into Oakdale Irrigation District's canals that start at the diversion dam below Goodwin, as shown in the below satelite image.

Forums -> Flows -> Stanislaus Orange Blossom Bridge gauge calibration Page 1 of 1