Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  How about a Sticky for the 2007 Flow Forecasts 

Forums -> Archive -> How about a Sticky for the 2007 Flow Forecasts Page 1 of 1
 Author  Message 
BNick
Posted: Mar 19, 2007Post Subject: How about a Sticky for the 2007 Flow Forecasts
How about it? A quick and easy to find post that predicts when free-flowing rivers like the North Fork American, East Carson, etc., will start, peak and die based on snow pack and average weather conditions? Cassidy used to do an annual flow forecast like that.

I'd like to do the EF Carson, but figure that rafts will be out of luck on or before the first week of May. I'm no expert, just basing it on what's in the media.

How about a real live expert opinion!

-B
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 19, 2007
Well, I hope you're not looking to me for the expert opinion . Experience has taught me (the hard way) that this crystal ball thing is a bunch harder than it should be ... I agree it shouldn't be too hard to estimate how long flows will last given current snowpack and temperatures, but I've found no way to accurately predict either for the future. Personally, I have little confidence in what the weather guys say, further out than about three days. Which leaves me with a gut feel that changes from week to week. How about you ?

Anyway, the Dreamflows board doesn't currently have the concept of 'Sticky', given I haven't found a need for one until now, but I can add it reasonably easily. If someone (or a group of you) want to weigh in with the requested expert opinions, let me know and I'll add a Stickiness capability.

- Chris
Forums -> Archive -> How about a Sticky for the 2007 Flow Forecasts Page 1 of 1