Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Classifieds? 

Forums -> Archive -> Classifieds? Page 1 of 1
 Author  Message 
Shawn G
Posted: May 3, 2007Post Subject: Classifieds?
Hello all,

I'm new to kayaking and am looking for my first boat. I'd like to get a good boat without breaking the bank so I'm thinking a used boat would be the way to go. I'm having a heck of a time finding classifieds for California though. Anyone know where I might find some used boats? Either classifieds or even shops that sell used boats? Thanks!
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 3, 2007
Shawn, you could start with http://forums.boof.com and select "Classifieds". Not sure about used boats from kayak stores this time of year, but you could call around. Do you need phone numbers?
Shawn G
Posted: May 4, 2007
Thanks for the link chris. As far as shops, I was hoping to find some websites for shops in Calif. I've actually found some good deals on used or sale kayaks but they've all been in other states and the shipping is pretty steep.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 4, 2007
Did you try the links page? Go to the bottom of the page you're now visiting, click "Links", select "Paddling Equipment Retailers/Rentals", and click away. For CA used kayaks I would try in no particular order Sierra Outdoor Center, The River Store, California Canoe and Kayak, Wolf Creek Wilderness, Sierra South. In your research if you come across other stores in this category please let me know so I can add them to the list.
Shawn G
Posted: May 7, 2007
Thanks again Chris. I didn't even notice the links below.
Forums -> Archive -> Classifieds? Page 1 of 1