Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  No. Yuba at Sierra City - trees 

Forums -> Hazards -> No. Yuba at Sierra City - trees Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Yuba - At Sierra CityLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
bridger
Posted: May 10, 2007Post Subject: No. Yuba at Sierra City - trees
5-9-07 It's been a couple of years since I did this run. There are now multiple trees in the river that were not there before. At our low flow (400-450) all of the trees were easily seen and avoided. In the first rapid, about 1/4 mile from the put in where the river turns right, the right chanel is blocked. Green limbs are sticking up, so its easy to see. If the green limbs go, this could become a real hazzard. A tree nearly spans the river just before the dam. A tree blocks the river below the dam and had to be portaged. There were others as well.
Edited once.  Last edited by Admin May 11, 2007.
Greenleaf
Posted: May 11, 2008Post Subject: Trees still there
We just did Sierra City today and all of the trees described above are still there. Plus some others scattered throughout the run.

The one at the start of the run in the normal right channel line that is described is still there and even nastier now, since it has lost it's leaves, and is almost invisible from up top. Don't just bomb through this one. You can get around it by going to the left of the rock in the center, but it's a bumpy ride.

Most of the other trees are easy to see and avoid, just keep your eyes open.
Edited once.  Last edited by Greenleaf May 11, 2008.
Forums -> Hazards -> No. Yuba at Sierra City - trees Page 1 of 1