Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  looking for boating partners 

Forums -> Archive -> looking for boating partners Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. American - Inflow Lake ClementineLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
sam
Posted: Mar 6, 2013Post Subject: looking for boating partners
Hi, Just joined the site, but have appreciated info here for awhile. Thanks!! I am hoping to get on some IV rivers ASAP in March/April. My BF is an experienced guide and I am a good paddler, but I would really like more paddlers and another boat would be ideal and kayaks too. Just don't like the idea of being the only one on the river; doesn't seem right to me. Looking to warm up on North Fork if flows come up, Middle Fork, then Smith. If I can't get a crew together this wknd, the next chance is in 2 weeks (taking Whitewater Rescue next weekend for 3 days). This is all leading up to Selway (yes I pulled a permit!)in May if the flows aren't too high. Who is ready to go boating?
-Samantha
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 6, 2013Post Subject: Re: looking for boating partners
sam wrote:
Looking to warm up on North Fork if flows come up, Middle Fork, then Smith.

Would that be North and Middle Forks of the American?

- Chris
sam
Posted: Mar 6, 2013
Yes, I should have qualified that.
jeb1010
Posted: Mar 10, 2013
We are going to be rafting the north fork on May 11th. Would be great to have a second boat to go with.
jordozz
Posted: Mar 14, 2013Post Subject: boating time!
Hi there, I saw your post and thought we should link up and go charge the NF A soon. I live outside Colfax, and have run the NF a few times already this year. Id like to go this weekend, but I dont know if I will have a R2 partner yet. Are you and your dude able to go mid week, too? Let me know and we can start making plans! Jordan
sam
Posted: Mar 14, 2013
Sounds great Jordan! This wknd is out for me bc I am Im taking a 3 day whitewater rescue class but next wk or next wknd is good (flexible work schedule thankfully). Pls call 707 688 4453 or PM alpine_gem@yahoo.com Thanks for responding. :}
Cheers!
jeb1010
Posted: Apr 4, 2013Post Subject: North Fork Upper section
We are still planning on running on the 11th of May, but we are running a 14 foot Maxon. Have 6 going. Let me know if you want to meet up and stay together.
kik
Posted: Apr 4, 2013Post Subject: Sunday
Hi Jake, we are looking to take our raft up to the NF on Sunday if the flows look low then we'll head to the southfork. We would also like to have a second boat out on the NF. Are you rafting or kayaking?
Forums -> Archive -> looking for boating partners Page 1 of 1