Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  american river below ;ake natomas 

Forums -> Flows -> american river below ;ake natomas Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: American - Below Lake NatomaLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Robm
Posted: Nov 18, 2016Post Subject: american river below ;ake natomas
reorted flow @ 1260 4pm Nov 18 is completely wrong. it is and has been flowing well below 1000 for a number of days. I fish every day and there is no way the numbers on the real time report is accurate. how are these numbers being given to site operator?
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Nov 19, 2016Post Subject: Re: american river below ;ake natomas
Robm wrote:
reorted flow @ 1260 4pm Nov 18 is completely wrong. it is and has been flowing well below 1000 for a number of days. I fish every day and there is no way the numbers on the real time report is accurate. how are these numbers being given to site operator?

It's a USGS flow site, see http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ca/nwis/uv/?PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,000010&site_no=11446500.

The gauge is still reporting 1280 cfs. I drove over the Sunrise Road bridge about 30 minutes ago, and the flow looked at least 1280 cfs to my eyes. But then again, I find it amazingly hard to accurately judge flow just by looking at a river.

Forums -> Flows -> american river below ;ake natomas Page 1 of 1