Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Mammoth Bar access to MF American closed 

Forums -> Access Issues -> Mammoth Bar access to MF American closed Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Mi. American - Above Tunnel ChuteLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Barbara Price
Posted: Jul 3, 2017Post Subject: Mammoth Bar access to MF American closed
The gate to the Mammoth Bar access is locked for the rest of the season, due to massive damage from flooding last winter.
John H
Posted: Jul 7, 2017Post Subject: Mammoth Bar
Mammoth Bar is not closed because of takeout damage. The damage is to the moto-cross track which had a large section washed away. The takeout spots are fine! I run shuttles down there.
Jbaww
Posted: Jul 8, 2017Post Subject: Mammoth bar access
I was there today and the gate to the Mammoth Bar takeout is definitely currently closed and locked to private boaters. Only commercial outfitters are allowed in and we were told that a John (potentially the John H above) offers paid shuttles to pick people up here.

A volunteer from the park said he was hoping to get the road opened to private boaters at some point.
Edited once.  Last edited by Jbaww Jul 8, 2017.
ffmedic
Posted: Aug 13, 2017Post Subject: Re: Mammoth Bar
John H wrote:
Mammoth Bar is not closed because of takeout damage. The damage is to the moto-cross track which had a large section washed away. The takeout spots are fine! I run shuttles down there.

You run shuttle service? whats your number or a way I can contact you?

tommyp
Posted: Aug 30, 2017
An update on access to Mammoth Bar would be appreciated - are private boaters allowed in?
Edited once.  Last edited by tommyp Aug 30, 2017.
Tony
Posted: Aug 31, 2017Post Subject: Mammoth Bar access
For private boater access to Middle Fork take-out at Mammoth Bar, contact Canyon Raft Rentals 530-823-0931.
And with current 24/7 flow releases, you don't have to wait until 2-3 pm for water to come up as in past years.
Forums -> Access Issues -> Mammoth Bar access to MF American closed Page 1 of 1