Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  UPDATE NF FEATHER RELEASES DEC 11 & 12 

Forums -> Flows -> UPDATE NF FEATHER RELEASES DEC 11 & 12 Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Feather - Below Rock Creek DamNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
theresaAW1
Posted: Dec 10, 2021Post Subject: UPDATE NF FEATHER RELEASES DEC 11 & 12
Due to the uncertainty of the road closure on highway 70 rescheduled releases on Rock Creek are cancelled. However, Highway 70 has posted this morning that the highway is now open to 1 way controlled traffic.

Below is the current status of highway 70 - go figure! While there are no scheduled recreational flows for NF Feather - there is a unit outage on Cresta providing boatable flows to paddle on this reach. Note that controlled 1-way traffic may bite into river time but thought I'd get the info out.

https://www.americanwhitewater.org/.../river-detail/197/main

AW is working to get a forecast of NF Feather boating opportunities from PG&E and will update you as we get information.

This highway information is the latest reported as of Friday, December 10th, 2021 at 09:13 AM.
SR 70
[IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 4 MI EAST OF THE BUTTE/PLUMAS COUNTY LINE TO 3.7 MI WEST OF QUINCY (PLUMAS CO) 24 HRS A DAY - DUE TO EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO 2 HOURS DELAYS BETWEEN 0600 HRS AND 1800 HRS MONDAY THRU SATURDAY
TRACTOR-SEMITRAILER COMBINATIONS OVER 65 FEET & ALL TRACTOR-SEMITRAILER COMBINATIONS /DOUBLES/ OVER 75 FEET IN TOTAL LENGTH ARE PROHIBITED FROM 13 MI EAST OF THE JCT OF SR 191 TO THE NORTH JCT OF SR 89 /GREENVILLE WYE/ (PLUMAS CO) - ALTERNATE ROUTES ARE AVAILABLE
Forums -> Flows -> UPDATE NF FEATHER RELEASES DEC 11 & 12 Page 1 of 1