Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Middle Fork American - Mosquito Ridge Road Issue 

Forums -> Archive -> Middle Fork American - Mosquito Ridge Road Issue Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Mi. American - Above Tunnel ChuteNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 4, 2008Post Subject: Middle Fork American - Mosquito Ridge Road Issue
Bill Deitchman - California State Parks - reports as follows: "Greetings,

Some of you may have received word that the Mosquito Ridge Road was closed today for an indefinite period due to fires in the North Fork Drainage North and East of Ralston. This was correct. However, I have contacted the Forest Service and been able to work with them to keep the road open for access to the Ralston Afterbay & Oxbow put-in. As of this moment, I have been advised by the USFS that the road will be re-opened. I have also been advised by the USFS that this re-opening could change at any time depending upon the fire and related logistical needs, etc. Should there be any change in this, I have requested that they notify me at any time of day or night so that I can advise you of the same. Overall, it is my best guess that you can plan on access to Oxbow tomorrow and hopefully through the rest of the season."
Forums -> Archive -> Middle Fork American - Mosquito Ridge Road Issue Page 1 of 1