Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  There is and will be water below Bullards until about mid dec 

Forums -> Archive -> There is and will be water below Bullards until about mid dec Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Yuba - Below New Bullards BarLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
cruzean
Posted: Oct 10, 2008Post Subject: There is and will be water below Bullards until about mid dec
There currently is flow in the river. Colgate power house is off line. However, it is very important to respect the Dam owner's wishes and not trespass. If there is a gate and sign that says do not trespass please respect that. There is access to the confluence of the MF and NF on river left (2+ miles down from the dam). AW may be working access issues with the Dam owners and if we show respect of their wishes we are more likely to get quality access soon and in the future.
nathan h
Posted: Oct 11, 2008Post Subject: How Much?
I've been trying to catch this run for years...do you know what the current flow is?

Chris, do we have access to this info?

What are the put-in options for getting in above the confluence. I believe there is some good whitewater there, at least from what I've seen from the dam.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Oct 12, 2008
nathan wrote:
Chris, do we have access to this info?

I figure there should be 600 cfs in the river between New Bullards Bar and the confluence, taken from CDEC'S BUL gauge, and a smidge more below the NF/MF confluence (Our House is releasing 35 cfs to the river, so perhaps you could figure 650 cfs below the confluence). I'm no expert on this section, so if someone knows better please chime in, but that's what I calculate.

Note that the above is true only since Colgate is off line, i.e. New Bullards Bar is currently releasing everything to the river. Normally, CDEC'S BUL reading doesn't tell us very much since the reported flow is split between the river and the Colgate diversion.
Rok
Posted: Nov 7, 2008Post Subject: No. Yuba - Below New Bullards Bar
I got a message from the New Bullards Bar dam operator today that we should expect 500 cfs on Saturday 11/8 and 800 cfs on Sunday 11/9; apparently to accommodate AW flow study.
tulley
Posted: Nov 11, 2008Post Subject: How much longer??
Is current thinking that it will still flow thru Dec 9? I heard that it didn't flow 11/2 and maybe was only going to flow thru weekend of 11/16?

Any beta?
Forums -> Archive -> There is and will be water below Bullards until about mid dec Page 1 of 1