Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Expected Holm Powerhouse releases 

Forums -> Archive -> Expected Holm Powerhouse releases Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry CreekLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Feb 13, 2009Post Subject: Expected Holm Powerhouse releases
The informal/unofficial word from Hetch Hetchy Water and Power is that they intend to keep releasing from Holm Powerhouse through the end of the month.

Access to Meral's Pool is another matter. The word is that the Lumsden Road gate is open, which most likely means Meral's Pool is accessible. Suggest confirm with Groveland Ranger Station first, 209-962-7825. Reminder that this is winter (days are short, water temperature around 45 degrees, there could well be ice or snow on the ground).
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Feb 13, 2009
On the other hand, perhaps the gate is usually locked. I just received this email indirectly from a Groveland local, dated Feb 12: "Talked with the ranger. The gate is in fact locked until we are past the storm season. [April/May] They are probably trying to save the road from further erosion, and idiots getting stuck down there". Said idiots hopefully not being boaters . But given this, I would strongly encourage a call to the Groveland Ranger Station before heading down ...
brendan
Posted: Apr 3, 2009Post Subject: Gate's open
Called the ranger today, it's open.
Forums -> Archive -> Expected Holm Powerhouse releases Page 1 of 1