Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Sunday May 10 Flow 

Forums -> Flows -> Sunday May 10 Flow Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. Yuba - Near CiscoLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
TeleJay
Posted: May 11, 2009Post Subject: Sunday May 10 Flow
Gauge at S Yuba bridge was 26". No dreamflow report to correlate that to on Sunday. Was my first run, so can't compare to other levels. I could believe it was 750 cfs (report from Saturday) or maybe a bit more. Great run.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 11, 2009
The Cisco gauge starting reporting again; the 2pm flow was 693 cfs. What time on Sunday did you measure the 26"? If you can supply that information, I'll interpolate or whatever to find the corresponding flow with quite reasonable accuracy.
TeleJay
Posted: May 12, 2009
Chris,
It was about 10 or 10:30am when we were at the gage.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 12, 2009
Awesome. Flows were very close to 750 cfs at 10/10:30 am ... great estimate, Jay. So we have a solid data point: 26" (stick gauge at the concrete bridge) correlates to 750 cfs (PG&E's Cisco gauge).

If we keep creating data points, soon we can put together a rating table for the put-in gauge ... so bring on the data points if you'd like to be involved, though please don't forget to record the time too, as accurately as you can. The more accurate our data points, the more accurate the rating table, naturally. Usually (like in this case) it's not super critical, but sometimes the flow is changing so fast even 15 minutes is significant.
Forums -> Flows -> Sunday May 10 Flow Page 1 of 1