Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Auburn River Festival 

Forums -> Archive -> Auburn River Festival Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - Popular AmericansNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
oldschoolkid
Posted: May 19, 2010Post Subject: Auburn River Festival
Hey you'all, check out the upcoming Auburn River Festival - www.auburnriverfestival.com, and the flier on Dreamflows under events/website. The water portion of the event takes place at China Bar, the first such event on a decommissioned dam site. We're going to have a downriver race, slalom race, boater cross, and of course a rodeo in the photo hole if flows remain constant (if it drops a wave upstream forms an equally surfable wave). There will also be a swift water rescue competition, and a rockin' Awards Ceremony and River Celebration at Auburn Event Center, 145 Elm Street,a video contest, live auction and awards presentation. Top auction item is an Aire Tomcat inflatable kayak. A pasta dinner, music by two class five bands. and and open mic highlight the evening. The High Water Boys kick off the party and Call me Ugly (a super danceable reggae band) polishes off the evening. Come on out for a weekend of fun!
Edited twice.  Last edited by oldschoolkid May 19, 2010.
Forums -> Archive -> Auburn River Festival Page 1 of 1