Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Canyon Creek below Bowman Lake rating table shifts 

Forums -> Archive -> Canyon Creek below Bowman Lake rating table shifts Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Canyon Creek - Below Bowman LakeLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 22, 2010Post Subject: Canyon Creek below Bowman Lake rating table shifts
Yesterday, I learned that Nevada Irrigation District (NID) has been applying an undocumented shift to their data for Canyon Creek below Bowman Lake. The result is that Dreamflows' flow data didn't match NID's (Dreamflows was reporting too high). I've now manually computed and applied the shift and retroactively recomputed the flows going back a week, so the data reported by Dreamflows should now be acceptably close to NID's. I'm also now linking to NID's graphs.

Since NID won't share their shift information, a mismatch could easily happen again. So be sure to click through from the report to the graph to sanity-check the Dreamflows readings. And if you notice a difference that's more than a few percent, please let me know so I know to change the shift. Thanks!
Cornbread
Posted: Jun 19, 2011Post Subject: Another shift has occured
Hey Chris,
I've noticed that lately dreamflows has been reporting a bit high compared to what the NID rating table shows so it appears another undocumented shift was applied by NID.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jun 20, 2011
Hey Brad, thanks for sharing. I adjusted the shift, and also enhanced the code so the shift should be self-adjusting from now on. If you notice any discrepancies please let me know. - Chris
Forums -> Archive -> Canyon Creek below Bowman Lake rating table shifts Page 1 of 1