Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  ART? 

Forums -> Archive -> ART? Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Indian Creek - Below Indian FallsLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Ian Buckley
Posted: Apr 21, 2011Post Subject: ART?
Chris whats the deal with the flow box saying "ART" rather than "High"?
Bug?
-Ian
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 22, 2011
Ian

It stands for "Above Rating Table" but this wasn't supposed to have crept into the production region yet, I wanted to test it out more first. It does appear to be doing its job, however - when the flows are above the published rating table for Indian Creek then flows are indeed reported "ABT". This would translate to "flows are WAY high".

The same would happen if they were BRT (below rating table), except that it would translate to "flows are WAY low".

Anyway, I've done my best to disable it fully in production, pending more testing. If you see more of this kind of nonsense beyond a day or two (until all ABTs flush out the system), please let me know

Chris
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 23, 2011
Turns out the "ART" readings are coming verbatim from CDEC's Indian Creek gauge (scroll down to the FLOW section). So - no bug after all. Sorry about that

I've put a note on the reports under "Key to Symbols, saying what ART and BRT stand for. Questions? Let me know.
Forums -> Archive -> ART? Page 1 of 1