Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Chili Bar flows - dual data feeds - the show must go on 

Forums -> Archive -> Chili Bar flows - dual data feeds - the show must go on Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. American - At Chili BarLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 14, 2011Post Subject: Chili Bar flows - dual data feeds - the show must go on
Good news!  PG&E has a secondary data feed from the Chili Bar gauge, and is now sharing that data with Dreamflows.  The secondary data feed is only hourly (not 15-minute), and the data is transmitted and interpreted by PG&E slightly differently than the primary feed to CDEC.  However for normal river-running purposes the two feeds are effectively the same. 

This means that Dreamflows now has access to both data feeds, so that when the primary feed is down (like now),  Dreamflows just switches to the secondary feed and reports that instead. 

A very special thanks to Matt of PG&E for sharing the secondary data feed.  Awesome!
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 15, 2011
PG&E is now sending 15-minute data on the secondary feed, and I can now see that for the most part the data that PG&E sends on the secondary feed is identical to what CDEC reports on the primary feed. When there are differences, usually it's only a few cfs (like 6 or 10).
Forums -> Archive -> Chili Bar flows - dual data feeds - the show must go on Page 1 of 1