Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Remaining PCWA Releases on MF American a GO! 

Forums -> Flows -> Remaining PCWA Releases on MF American a GO! Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Mi. American - Above Tunnel ChuteLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
theresaAW1
Posted: Sep 15, 2021Post Subject: Remaining PCWA Releases on MF American a GO!
After cancellation of recreational flows on the MF American due to a blown transformer forcing Ralston Powerhouse offline, American Whitewater made our case to Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) to go forward with the remaining recreational flows required by their hydropower license. With repairs made, we received good news from PCWA confirming that releases will take place on September 18th and 25th from 8:30 am to 11:30 am. Keep in mind that the MF American below Oxbow is still subject to the Eldorado National Forest Closure Order but the 1000 cfs recreational release at Oxbow will play through to the NF American Confluence in the late afternoon. Enjoy!
Edited once.  Last edited by theresaAW1 Sep 15, 2021.
theresaAW1
Posted: Sep 15, 2021Post Subject: UPDATE 3:34PM
I just confirmed with Nate Rangel the put in for MF American above Tunnel Chute is on Tahoe NF and should be open. Keep in mind below Oxbow river right is Tahoe NF and river left is Eldorado NF until the river enters Auburn State Rec Area. And the Eldorado NF closure order map highlight's that section of the MF American.
Forums -> Flows -> Remaining PCWA Releases on MF American a GO! Page 1 of 1