Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  How 2 find local clubs and boaters? 

Forums -> General -> How 2 find local clubs and boaters? Page 1 of 1
 Author  Message 
shastagirl
Posted: Jul 21, 2008Post Subject: How 2 find local clubs and boaters?
does any one know of a few good websites to find local kayak/whitewater clubs? I am having a hard time finding boaters to run my Ik with in Nor.Cal/So.Oregon. Everyones working too hard, smile. Also interested in any boaters around the truckee area as I would love to run the truckee in August.
mtwitch
Posted: Aug 14, 2008Post Subject: Local Clubs
The Shasta Paddlers is (was) a club in Redding. Unfortunately, they are pretty much defunct right now. However, we still have a Yahoo group e-mail list that we use to organize trips. Go to Yahoo.com/groups and join the Shasta Paddlers group there, and you'll be in that loop. Also, check Boof.com http://forums.boof.com/ under Planner and look for people organizing trips there.

Mark Twitchell
(Formerly) Safety Chair
(Formerly) Shasta Paddlers
CWAY123
Posted: Aug 5, 2011Post Subject: Re: How 2 find local clubs and boaters?
shastagirl wrote:
does any one know of a few good websites to find local kayak/whitewater clubs? I am having a hard time finding boaters to run my Ik with in Nor.Cal/So.Oregon. Everyones working too hard, smile. Also interested in any boaters around the truckee area as I would love to run the truckee in August.

You could ask over at paddling.net. A lot of people read that blog. Good luck