Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Middle Stanislaus Below Sand Bar Flat Dam - new gauge site 

Forums -> Flows -> Middle Stanislaus Below Sand Bar Flat Dam - new gauge site Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Mi. Stanislaus - Below Sand Bar Flat DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 7, 2010Post Subject: Middle Stanislaus Below Sand Bar Flat Dam - new gauge site
This flow site is a PG&E realtime gauge, reporting more-or-less accurate flow data. [The gauge itself is presumably accurate, however PG&E for whatever reason rounds the data to the nearest 50 cfs before passing it on to us]. This information is being made available as part of relicensing. The data is supplied by PG&E and hosted by American Whitewater.

Flow information from this gauge should be good for the Sand Bar Flat and Mount Knight runs.

This site more-or-less corresponds to the flow site previously reported by Dreamflows as Mi. Stanislaus - At Mount Knight.
cgoold
Posted: Jul 17, 2011Post Subject: gauge reading too low?
We called the dam operator who informed us that there was either 1400 or 1450 cfs spilling at sand bar flat on Saturday, when this gauge read 1200. I can't estimate between 1200 (what the dreamflows gauge read) and 1400...however, I imagine that most people would think that the sand bar flat run was too high on saturday, when the dreamflows gauge was reading 1200. the in-between rapids were great, but the "big ones" were crazy.
the holbek and stanley rating for this run (4-5) is too low, at least at this water level.
flipphone
Posted: May 1, 2018Post Subject: Flows
I noticed this section has some water in it again. Any clue who is in charge of the dam and what the number is to call? I really want to get out here. It would suck to be out there and have the water drop. Or plan a trip only to have the water drop. I am still looking for details on access too. Anyone been out to the trail?
Forums -> Flows -> Middle Stanislaus Below Sand Bar Flat Dam - new gauge site Page 1 of 1