Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Dreamflows is not currently updating 

Forums -> Archive -> Dreamflows is not currently updating Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - AmericanLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 13, 2012Post Subject: Dreamflows is not currently updating
The part of Dreamflows that updates the flow reports currently has no Internet access. The flow reports are therefore not currently updating.

According to AT&T (who provides my DSL connection) I was slammed by some different provider (i.e. they told AT&T to disconnect me, all this without my authorization of course). Or else, AT&T screwed up. Either way, my DSL line is down and probably won't be back up until next week sometime. This in turn means the flow reports pages won't be updated until next week sometime. Go AT&T ... NOT!

Obviously I want to now (for real) switch to a provider that's a whole lot more responsive. Suggestions?
Rok
Posted: Apr 14, 2012Post Subject: Re: Dreamflows is not currently updating
chris wrote:
Obviously I want to now (for real) switch to a provider that's a whole lot more responsive. Suggestions?

I use Wave Broadband in Auburn. It's not great; however, it's better than AT&T's DSL.
kflow
Posted: Apr 18, 2012Post Subject: Dreamflows is not currently updating
You might try SureWest to see if they serve your area. They are a local (Roseville) company. The internet slows down sometimes, but otherwise I have had no major problems with it. However, SureWest is slated to be bought by a heavily-indebted company, so customer service may suffer in the not-so-distant future.
kflow
Posted: Apr 18, 2012Post Subject: Dreamflows is not currently updating
In the event that Dreamflows does not get back up and running today, I have just updated my flow phone (916) 368-8682. It's a fast-paced recording of the most popular runs, varying with the season. It is normally only updated on Friday afternoons, but I will update M-W-F until Dreamflows is back in full operation.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 18, 2012
Thanks, Mike! That's so cool. Happily, Dreamflows did indeed come back today. Can't tell you how happy that makes me.

- Chris
Forums -> Archive -> Dreamflows is not currently updating Page 1 of 1