Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  SF Tuolumne - physical gauge down so estimating flows for now 

Forums -> Flows -> SF Tuolumne - physical gauge down so estimating flows for now Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: - Next TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 7, 2016Post Subject: SF Tuolumne - physical gauge down so estimating flows for now
Currently, the physical gauge on the SF Tuolumne at Rainbow Pool is not functional. Per HHW&P, it's been "Vandalized. Someone cut the mast and took the antennae." and "We are waiting on parts and a plan to harden the installation."

The bottom line is that the physical gauge is going to be unavailable for a while. In the meantime, Dreamflows is estimating the SF Tuolumne flow based on the MF Tuolumne flow, and reporting the estimate on the flow reports. The estimating model used here isn't particularly good, but should still give a fair idea of what to expect on the South Fork.

I've assigned a new river id to the estimate so we don't mix up actual data with estimated data going forward. But for now, all should appear as you'd expect, except that recent reported flows are estimates instead of actual gauge data.

I'll post again when physical SF gauge data is again available.
Forums -> Flows -> SF Tuolumne - physical gauge down so estimating flows for now Page 1 of 1