Topic: Evaluation of South Fork Raft Tow Concession (Rafter's Toe)
|Posted: Nov 30, 2007Post Subject: Evaluation of South Fork Raft Tow Concession (Rafter's Toe)
|If you paddle the Gorge run on the South Fork American, this probably applies to you. Bill Deitchman of California State Parks writes as follows:|
Greetings South Fork American Boater,
As you may be aware, CA State Park handles the contract for the Rafting Tow Concession on the South Fork American River / Salmon Falls area. As part of the contract process, we do a yearly evaluation of the concessionaire. This year, I would like to receive your written input for the following questions. Please answer the questions based on the 2007 season only. If you have other comments that are not addressed by the questions/answers, please include those as well. It may be easiest for you to just place a rating number after each question and just e-mail it to me at BDEIT@parks.ca.gov. Should you wish to remain anonymous, please feel free to send them to me via mail at the below address or by FAX. Please send me your evaluations by December 31, 2007.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to participate in this process.
Questions: Please give a rating from 1 to 4:
1 = Non-Compliance/Unacceptable
2 = Needs Improvement
3 = Satisfactory
4 = Excellent
1. Do you feel that the Concessionaire's tow vessels were in good operating condition?
2. Do you feel that the Concessionaire's tow ropes and other hardware have been in good condition?
3. Do you feel that the Concessionaire's tow ropes are of the proper length for towing?
4. Do you feel that the Concessionaire kept the launch area clean and uncluttered from their own equipment?
5. Do you feel that the Concessionaire operated in a safe manner?
6. Do you feel that the tow speed was adequate? (It is supposed to be at 5 mph).
7. Do you feel that the wait for the tow was reasonable? (It is supposed to be no longer than 15 minutes).
8. Do you feel that the tow fees were reasonable?
9. Was the collection of tow fees handled well?
10. Were the hours of tow operation adequate? (Tows were supposed to be available from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily).
11. Has the Concessionaire been Courteous?
12. Has the Concessionaire been Patient?
13. Has the Concessionaire been aware of other boaters (e.g. fishermen, paddlers not under tow, etc.)?
14. Has the Concessionaire been aware of swimmers (e.g. keeping a safe distance)?
15. Has the Concessionaire been aware of fishermen (e.g. keeping a reasonable distance, courteous, etc.)?
16. Any other comments:
California State Park Ranger
Auburn State Recreation Area
501 El Dorado Street
Auburn, CA 95301
Phone: (530) 823-4164 FAX: (530) 885-2798