Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Proposed Diversions Threaten SF American Flows 

Forums -> Flows -> Proposed Diversions Threaten SF American Flows Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - SF AmericanNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 16, 2020Post Subject: Proposed Diversions Threaten SF American Flows
This is a copy of an email from Theresa Simsiman of American Whitewater.  It contains a very easy to use action form.  The official commenting period closes on Monday (May 18) so respond today, please:

Quote:
Flows on the South Fork American River are threatened by a new diversion proposal from El Dorado Irrigation District. 

Toby Briggs from FOR and I worked on a really easy Action Alert below that allows you to speak up for the whitewater you love on the South Fork American River.

Take action TODAY AND SHARE THIS FAR AND WIDE to protect over 50 miles of whitewater on the South Fork American River. A Water Right Permit proposal by El Dorado Irrigation District would like to move a water diversion currently located at Folsom Reservoir and move it upstream to Kyburz and other locations. Needless to say this will impact flows on all our favorite whitewater reaches including Kyburz, Golden Gate, Slab Creek, Chili Bar, C2G and the Gorge.

https://bit.ly/SFAmerFlowsAction_AW20

- Chris
Forums -> Flows -> Proposed Diversions Threaten SF American Flows Page 1 of 1