Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Tuolumne and Cherry Creek Releases 

Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne and Cherry Creek Releases Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry CreekNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 4, 2008Post Subject: Tuolumne and Cherry Creek Releases
Hetch Hetchy Water and Power reports as follows: "With the April 1 snow survey in and reporting almost normal snowpack amount in the Tuolumne, HHWP is beginning to move water to manage forecasted spill on the Hetch Hetchy side. There will be a little spill from Lake Eleanor, but none from Cherry Reservoir.

Flows at Lumsden will be in the 800 cfs range between about 11 am and 8 pm from today through Sunday. Monday flows will be about 100 cfs higher than Sunday.

Starting Tuesday April 8, about 650 cfs will be coming down the mainstem from Early Intake around the clock. Holm PH will add about 700 cfs as power needs start in the morning. Total Lumsden flow will be between 1200 and 1400 cfs from 10:30 am until about 8 pm. This schedule is expected through Friday, 11 April.

These values are my best guesses, and are not a promise. We have recently completed major work at both Holm and Kirkwood powerhouses, and post-repair glitches are expected. I will have a better idea of what will happen after the 11th by mid-week."
Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne and Cherry Creek Releases Page 1 of 1