Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows - Winter 2010/2011 

Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows - Winter 2010/2011 Page 1 of 1
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Dec 13, 2010Post Subject: Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows - Winter 2010/2011
Hetch Hetchy Water and Power reports as follows:

"Hello river users,

RIVER FLOW UPDATE: Some of you may have noticed increased flows in the Tuolumne River over the past few days, even though it is out of season for most of you.  The combined October/November precipitation was the 3rd highest at the Hetch Hetchy precipitation gage and December is on par for normal or wetter.  These conditions have maintained storage levels and saturated the watersheds.  The current weather outlook has continued wet weather coming our way for the next week with snowlines in the 6000 to 7000 foot range (we are hoping lower), which will bring flows in all the rivers up.

Releases are currently being made at Hetch Hetchy of about 420 cfs and Eleanor is currently spilling ~540 cfs.  Releases will begin today at Cherry of about 500 cfs and will likely be increased tomorrow.  Releases will continue to ramp up from Hetchy to about 800 cfs today and may be stepped up again tomorrow.  

If one was interested: the total releases from our system on the Tuolumne below Cherry Crk will be in the range of 2500 to 4000 cfs for the next 4 to 5 days.  Add your estimate of additional accretions to evaluate the total flow.  As the weather conditions and forecasts evolve, that may be updated or carried through the weekend.

The outlook for the weather system this weekend has the potential to bring significant precipitation, so be aware of rapid changes in flow – not only from releases, but from the natural flows in the tributaries.

Please forward this information to any other interested parties and contact me if you are interested in more info or have any questions.

Think Snow"
Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows - Winter 2010/2011 Page 1 of 1