Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Middle Fork American flows 

Forums -> Archive -> Middle Fork American flows Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Mi. American - Above Tunnel ChuteLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 11, 2008Post Subject: Middle Fork American flows
Nate Rangel writes as follows:

"So, just got off the phone with PG&E. Here's the scoop ...

We can "reasonably" expect 10 hours of water, 7 days a week, with full flow by 9:00 AM Monday through Fridays at Oxbow on the MFA starting today and running through Sunday, September 21st. There is a small chance that date may be pushed further back to September 28th, though I won't know about that for another few weeks. Further, in an effort to facilitate recreation further downstream in the canyon, PG&E will have full flow on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) up by 8:00 AM. This is all dependent on nothing going wrong with the hydro units, etc.

This is a better schedule than we got last year when we had only weekends through May until Memorial Day."
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 17, 2008Post Subject: Special releases this weekend July 19/20
Placer County Water Agency reports that "PCWA will be implementing specific streamflows this weekend to accommodate MFP Relicensing studies".

They will release 100 cfs from Oxbow from midnight to 8AM on Saturday July 19, and 368 cfs from Oxbow from midnight to 8AM on Sunday July 20. They add that "beginning at 8am on both Saturday and Sunday, Oxbow Powerhouse will begin ramping up and will reach 1,000 cfs by approximately 10am".

Far as I can see, the main effect for boaters is that the full 1000 cfs will be released from Oxbow only by 10am, instead of the usual 8am, both days.
Forums -> Archive -> Middle Fork American flows Page 1 of 1