Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Box Cyn flows 

Forums -> Archive -> Box Cyn flows Page 1 of 2
Goto 1  2  Next
Posted to flow site: Sacramento - Below Box Canyon DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
rdwar
Posted: May 9, 2011Post Subject: Box Cyn flows
Flows over the weekend were in the 5.2 to 5.5 range on the Cantara loop gauge.

Bob

tognar
Posted: May 12, 2011Post Subject: Box Canyon - Sacramento River
gauge on 5/10/2011 was 4.10
gauge on 5/11/2011 was 4.11
joeriess
Posted: May 13, 2011Post Subject: Box Flows
5.0' on Thursday 5/12
tognar
Posted: May 14, 2011Post Subject: Box Canyon flows
gauge at 4.10 on may 11
gauge at 4.11 on may 12
gauge at 5.0 on may 13
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 14, 2011
On behalf of the paddling community, I want to thank you guys for posting this data. Not only does it give us current information, it also goes into the historical record. It will particularly go into the historical record if we can get the data posted to the flows database. To help with that, a few requests.

First, please include the time of observation (as best you can, doesn't have to be to the minute, to the nearest hour is fine. Even something like "early afternoon" is better than nothing). As you can see from 5/12, at one point in time it was 4.11 feet, at another 5.0 feet. If you know when you observed previously posted gauge readings, please let me know (here or email).

Second (a small thing) if you want to start a new thread each time that's quite fine . I'll just merge the threads, no problem. However it's even easier for me if you post new Box Canyon readings to this thread.

Third, if you're willing to post your observations directly to the web, so that the data goes directly into the Dreamflows database, please let me know and I'll tell you how. It'll then show up almost immediately on the reports and on the graph, in alerts, etc. Also, several third parties report flow data they get from Dreamflows (AW among them) so if you post to the web in this way, then the data will be visible to them too. [BTW AW reports Dreamflows data, and Dreamflows reports AW data, so it's a symbiotic relationship. Isn't collaboration great?].

Thanks
nick sinderson
Posted: May 16, 2011Post Subject: Box flow
5/16 2pm 4'10"
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 16, 2011
Thanks, Nick, I entered it, should be on the reports in about two minutes ...
joeriess
Posted: May 17, 2011Post Subject: Box Cyn Flows
When reading the gauge for Box Canyon at Cantera, keep in mind that the gauge is in tenths, not inches. So if you're reading the dot just below 5 dots, that's 4.9'. Some people report in inches like 4'10" which is really 4.83'. For consistency, I suggest everyone use feet-tenths, not feet-inches because I doubt anyone does the math to convert.
nick sinderson
Posted: May 17, 2011
Thanks for the info Joe! So... my info should of read;
5/16 at 2PM, 4.8
Also, spilling but just a bit.
tognar
Posted: May 19, 2011Post Subject: box canyon flows
gauge read 4.5 on wed, may 18th at 5:30pm
rdwar
Posted: May 19, 2011
Thur, 5-19. 8am. 4.4
rdwar
Posted: May 20, 2011
Fri. 5-20. 9:30 am. 4.4
rdwar
Posted: May 21, 2011
Saturday 5-21 noon, a little bit over 4.5
rdwar
Posted: May 22, 2011
Sunday 5-22, 8am, 4.8
stacia
Posted: Jun 3, 2011
Max flow before spilling is around 460 CFS. Yesterday it was spilling a wee bit and at 4.6
Forums -> Archive -> Box Cyn flows Page 1 of 2
Goto 1  2  Next